Thursday, November 22, 2012

Another short post

Nearly 90 on Coreus, the last of my three "focus" toons for this expansion. I've been really enjoying dicking around as a Demonology Warlock. I'm sure I've talked before about the excellent design behind this spec in Mists. We've really come a long way since our rotation was; (1) maintain dots, (2) spam filler. These days it's all about banking/spending resources and judging when to sacrifice overall damage for burst. It's the kind of thing that I think I'd really enjoy in doing in a raid-- learning how to weave my burst into the right phases of the encounter. I'm letting myself off the hook for managing Shadowflame dot stacking too efficiently for the moment, because frequent gear upgrades, not to mention levelling, keeps shifting my casting haste so the timing keeps changing on me.

I think that's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment